Tuesday, October 11, 2011

9 Days to Younger Looking Skin- Day 1

If you follow my natural hair care blog (Au'Naturale By Mz Sixx) then you know all too well about my skin issues. I once had BEAUTIFUL, BUTTERY, BROWN skin. Over the years my skin has become scarred, problematic, and sensitive. I've recently discovered that alot of my issues are Lupus related. I've already begun a "simple" beauty routine, to help clear my skin of the acne outbreaks, rashes, redness, and scarring. I ran across this article and thought I would share. I will be posting tips by Amy Wechsler, MD 9 days to skin renewal plan.

Day 1 -Simplify Your Beauty Routine
Pare Down Your Beauty Products- Over treating your skin with multiple products is one of the most common problems dermatologist Amy Wechsler sees, so narrow your collection down to a few select items. Dr. Amy's must-haves:

One gentle everyday facial cleanser
Two good moisturizers -- one with sunscreen for day, and another for night
An exfoliate to use two or three times a week ( I make a natural sugar scrub that's gentle & moisturizing- I use it 3-4 times a week)

Simplify Your Skin Routine
In the morning, wash your face with your hands -- they're naturally thorough, but gentle. Apply your daytime moisturizer to still-damp skin; let it soak in before applying makeup.

Repeat at night, but spend a minute longer washing your face to be sure you remove all makeup, dirt, and residue from the day. Then, apply your nighttime moisturizer.
Recommended Skin Products
CLEANSERS
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser
Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash
Dove Sensitive Skin Foaming Facial Cleanser
Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser



** I use Cetaphil Gentle skin Cleanser on the days when I wear makeup I do the OCM cleaning method**


For acne-prone skin, try one of these:
Clinique's Acne Solutions Cleansing Foam
Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Cleanser
Topix Benzoyl Peroxide 5% Wash

DAYTIME MOISTURIZERS
Eucerin Extra Protective Moisture Lotion with SPF 30
Kinerase Cream SPF 30
Topix Replenix CF Anti-Photoaging Complex SPF 45
Neutrogena Healthy Defense SPF 30
Aveeno Continuous Protection Sunblock Lotion for the Face SPF 30
** I use Neutrogena Healthy Defense SPF 30 **

NIGHTTIME MOISTURIZERS
Aveeno Ultra-Calming Moisturizing Cream
Topix Replenix Cream
Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion
Revale Skin Night Cream (contains coffee berry)
Two that contain retinol:
Philosophy Help Me Retinol Night Treatment
Topix Replenix Retinol Smoothing Serum 2X, 3X, and 10X (also contains green tea polyphenols)
** I use Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion **

EXFOLIATING TONERS
Clinique's Clarifying Lotions (or try their 7-Day Scrub Cream Rinse-Off Formula)
Kiehl's Ultra Facial Toner
Philosophy Microdelivery Peel Pads
Daily Microfoliant by Dermalogica
La Roche-Posay Effaclar Toner
** I use Rose Water or Homemade Green Tea Toner**

For acne-prone skin, try this:
La Roche-Posay Effaclar Toner Astringent Lotion

Get Ready for Beauty Sleep
Start by asking yourself: How many hours of sleep do I need to feel really refreshed? If the answer is 8, and you normally get up at 6 a.m., you should be in bed by 10 p.m. That means you need to call it a day by 9 p.m. to give yourself an hour to wind down and wash up. ** my doctor recommend this as well with help with insomnia**

Need extra inspiration?
Sometimes we jump into new routines without much thought, and then drift away from them after a few days. Keep that from happening this time by mentally stepping into your plan. Spend at least 15 minutes focusing on why you're doing this and what you're hoping to get out of it. Then, go for it. It's only 9 days, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The information contained in this blog is MY EXPERIENCE. It is not intended to be used for the diagnosis or treatment of a health problem or as a substitute for consulting a licensed medical professional.Please keep comments clean and friendly. I don't want to send anyone to time out, but any comments that aren't so nice, or are solely for commercial or self-promotional purposes, will be moderated.