Monday, October 15, 2012

Celebration of Life (My Life)


Me- 41st Birthday

Yesterday was my 41st Birthday (yes, I’m in my forties honey… I don’t look a day over 30 -at least that’s what a twitter follower told me J lol..lol..) . Yesterday I took the time to reflect and appreciate the wonderful gift of life. This time last year I was still dealing with the diagnosis of Lupus and trying to figure out just how I would live. Besides a flare up and depression, what should have been a milestone celebration (my 40th birthday) was anything but. This year I decided things would be different. I’ve grown to accept that I will forever have lupus BUT Lupus won’t have me. I will NOT stop living. I will (and have) become an advocate and a glimmer of hope for all my lupie sistas who are still fighting. When I awoke yesterday (mainly from Face Book notifications – You guys were on it! Mini me had the first notification at 11:59 p.m. Saturday night), I immediately knelt down and THANK THE LORD for allowing me to live and survive another year-despite Lupus.


My New Grand daughter Mailia Elizabeth Fowler

I’m in a new city (I relocated to Atlanta), I became a grandmother for the 2nd time (hi Malia), my projects and businesses are thriving, I’m happy and BLESSED. I knew I would not sit around sad or depressed on my birthday this year. I was going to get dressed, put on makeup and rock out like only Mz. Sixx can. I decided I would get out of my comfort zone and I would start crossing a few things off my “50 before 50” list.


#My View- after the Falcons beat The Oakland Raiders 23-20

Yesterday afternoon, I attended my first live NFL game yesterday (Atlanta Falcons vs. Oakland Raiders). It was very exciting to sit in the executive suite (hosted by Verizon Wireless). The view was awesome- nothing like watching it on TV. I felt like I could reach right over and touch the players. I could see every move, every play, hear every cuss word (lol) and actually understood what was going on. I felt myself cheering and screaming like a Justin Beiber Fan (sweating out my freshly blow dried natural hair) cheering for the falcons to make a touchdown. For the first time I think this year, I had on my infamous 5 inch stiletto ankle boots, leather legging, and an Asian inspired top. Some of the executives kept touching my pants & rubbing my legs (Saying ummmm ” I like those” looking at me like I was a pulled pork sandwich). If I was conceited I would swear they were checking for me…lol..lol.. My co workers surprised me with a cake, they sung Happy Birthday, and we DRANK LOTS OF WINE ( lol..lol). During half time, the band played the wobble- and YOU KNOW YA GIRL GOT HER WOBBLE ON!!!!!! The cheerleaders did a skit and the players do a chat- and you RISE UP (#ayeeeee) #Go Falcons, it was like a party (or maybe I turned it into one ...lol..lol..). Nonetheless, this chica had a ball. Food, wine, good company, and the home team won-made for an enjoyable afternoon.


Me-Rocking my Leather Leggings

It felt good to get out-breathe fresh air- and celebrate MY LIFE… MY WAY! The celebration hasn’t stop and it won’t stop (in my Diddy voice.. “Won’t stop..Can’t stop”). I made a vow to myself to live MY best life and KEEP THE CELEBRATION GOING!!!!!!
** please peep the #purpleEverything #LupusAwareness-EVERYDAY**

The infamous Bathroom Pic ( in the Executive Suite @ The Georgia Dome)

Until Next time fam,
Live.. Love.. Laugh..
The Lupie Chick TM

Follow Me

Instagram: Naturally_Lupie
Twitter @AuNaturaleDC & @LupieeChick

No comments:

Post a Comment

The information contained in this blog is MY EXPERIENCE. It is not intended to be used for the diagnosis or treatment of a health problem or as a substitute for consulting a licensed medical professional.Please keep comments clean and friendly. I don't want to send anyone to time out, but any comments that aren't so nice, or are solely for commercial or self-promotional purposes, will be moderated.