Wednesday, September 7, 2011

I'm walking for Lupus!

The 4th Annual Baltimore Walk for Lupus

Druid Park in Baltimore

September 24, 2011

2:00pm-5:00pm


As you may know, lupus has a personal face for me. I was diagnosed earlier this summer and currently battle this disease on a daily basis. After hearing about a 19 year old young lady with a 4 month old child losing her battle to Lupus, it has driven me to stay healthy, bring awareness, and push for a cure. Living with my own personal struggle remind me that we have so far to go in battling this disease.

To do my part, I'm walking on September 24, 2011 to raise money. The money will go to the Lupus Foundation of America, DC, Maryland and Virginia Chapter (LFA-DMV). LFA-DMV provides free education and support services to lupus patients and their families. Money will also go to support research, because they believe, as I do, that one day this awful disease will have a cure.

To reach this year's goal, and my personal goal, I need your help. You can make a secure online donation through my personal website. Click here on this link to make a difference in the lives of as many as 320,000 people (80,000 patients and 4 of their closest friends/family members.) If you do not wish to make a donation online, simply click here, fill out this form, make a check payable to LFA - DMV Chapter, and mail the check and the form to our offices at: 2000 L St, NW suite 415 Washington, DC. When your donation is received, it will be credited to the total on the Walk's webpage.

Making a difference starts with just one step. So, walk with me in spirit as I walk through Druid Park to raise money and awareness.

Thank you in advance for taking that step with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The information contained in this blog is MY EXPERIENCE. It is not intended to be used for the diagnosis or treatment of a health problem or as a substitute for consulting a licensed medical professional.Please keep comments clean and friendly. I don't want to send anyone to time out, but any comments that aren't so nice, or are solely for commercial or self-promotional purposes, will be moderated.